Community Service Award
The purpose of the CHS Service Award is to identify and recognize those students who give of their time and talent to help others without receiving financial compensation and thereby to encourage all community members to volunteer as well.
Service credit will be given for any approved activity involving service to a township, school or community. Those community service activities, which result in the receipt of financial compensation, are not eligible to receive community service hours. High school students in all grades should report their service hours to Mrs. McKinley and complete all necessary documentation.
(Please see the link below for the log/tracking form.)
Students who have a total of the following hours in four years will receive a Community Service Award:
- 100 Hours – 150 Hours – Bronze Pin
- 151 Hours – 200 Hours – Silver Pin
- 201 Hours or More – Gold Pin
With the understanding the global pandemic has affected volunteer opportunities for our students, CHS has decided to amend the hours needed for the Community Service Award. The new hours will apply to all grades currently attending CHS - Classes of 2021, 2022, 2023 and 2024. With the incoming class of 2025 hours will revert to the standard hours above.
Bronze Pin - New Hours 50 to 100
Silver Pin - New Hours 101 to 150
Gold Pin - New Hours 151 or more
The following examples are described only to help clarify what activities are acceptable and unacceptable:
- Attending Boy/Girl Scout meetings will not count, although participating in a community service activity will count.
- Attending a church-sponsored youth retreat will not count, although helping to organize such a retreat will count.
- Travel time to and from a service will not count.
- Court assigned service will not count.
Any student wishing to be eligible for a Service Award must submit a properly completed Community Service Log. The Community Service Log must be completed by a teacher, club advisor, or adult leader, attesting to the number of hours and the type of service given by that student.
The deadline to submit forms is May 1st of your graduating year. We encourage you to submit forms regularly during your time at CHS. All completed form(s) are submitted to Mrs. McKinley in the Guidance Office. Hours are eligible, as long as they started after finishing 8th grade and are completed by May 1st of the student's senior year.
Contact Information: [email protected] and 856-829-7770 ext . 3809.
- Tracking form is available below.
- Check the new and updated list of possible volunteer opportunities click on the attached file below.